Today I had the pleasure of appearing on Calgary’s News Talk 770 with Rob Breakenridge where we discussed Quebec shutting down amateur Brazilian Jiu Jitsu competitions as illegal ‘prize fights‘ along with a host of other legal issues in Canadian combat sports.
You can find the full interview here.
For those visiting for the first time after listening, welcome!
Here are some quick links further discussing the topics canvassed today for your convenience –
- Quebec Shuts Down Amateur BJJ Event As Illegal
- Quebec Confirms Amateur Non Olympic Combat Sports Cannot be Legally Held in Province
- Are Grappling Events Prohibited by the New Section 83 of the Criminal Code?
- BC Says Province Powerless to Legalize Pro Kickboxing
- Senator Who Drafted Bill S-209 Says BC’s Kickboxing stance “Defies Logic”